The aim of the course is to enable those who are not mechanically trained to understand basic mechanical components and to be able to carry out simple mechanical tasks safely and efficiently. This is achieved through a combination of instructor lead presentations and demonstrations followed by hands-on practical sessions and exercises for the candidates to complete.
• Safe working practices.
• Principles of risk assessment and hazard identification.
• Correct use of hand tools.
• Remove and refit taper-lock bushes, keyed shafts, belts, chains and couplings.
• Install and align shafts; tension drive train components.
• Identify types of bearing, including installation and removal.
• Principles of pumps, component identification, fault finding.
• Mechanical fastening, thread types and identification.
• Oils, greases and lubricants.
CATCH Skills certificate is awarded following the successful completion of the course.
If you would like to make a block booking for a bespoke training course please contact us on 01469 552852 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Redwood Park Estate
Company no. 03837010
Follow CATCH through our various social media channels, we are constantly updating these with exciting information
We have made the commitment – have you?
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.