Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
Duration – 36 Months (3 Years)
Location – CATCH Stallingborough
Delivery – 11 months at CATCH – September – July, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm
Qualification – Technical Certificate in Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
Level 3 NVQ (Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation) to be achieved once onsite with employer.
End Point Assessment (EPA): You will be assessed by a practical observation, knowledge assessment and a technical interview.
Knowledge and Skills
• Comply with industry health, safety and environmental working practices and regulations.
• Locate, and rectify faults on plants and equipment
• Communicate with and provide information to stakeholders in line with personal role and responsibilities.
• Read, understand and interpret information and work in a compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation
• Prepare work areas to undertake work related activities and reinstate those areas after completion of the work related activities
• Inspect and maintain appropriate plant and equipment to meet operational requirements.
• Assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment
• Communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate engineering process has been completed to specification.
• First principles relating to the operation and maintenance of appropriate plant and equipment
• Relevant industry health and safety standards, regulations, and environmental and regulatory requirements
• Maintenance and operational practices, processes and procedures covering a range of plant and equipment
• The relevant engineering theories and principles relative to their occupation
• Health & Safety
• Quality focused
• Working with others
• Interpersonal skills
• Critical reasoning
• Sustainability and ethical behaviour
• Risk awareness