Designed for employees required to carry out slinging / rigging duties as part of their job. This course is to familiarise personnel with various types of slinging and lifting equipment and legislation governing its use.
To develop candidates’ skills and knowledge in the complexities of slinging and lifting so as to be able to select the correct equipment for the task.
On completion of the course the slinger will be able to:
• Understand their responsibility under the: Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and LOLER & PUWER Regulations
• Select and inspect equipment needed to carry out any given task
• Assess the best method of slinging loads
• Assess the correct sling angles and calculate the loads on slings
• Carry out practical lifts after selecting correct equipment and making any necessary working load of lifting tackle
• Draft a basic lift plan & carry out the lift as per plan
One day course.
CATCH Skills certification will be awarded upon full completion of the course.
If you would like to make a block booking for a bespoke training course please contact us on 01469 552852 or email email@example.com for more details
April, August, December, February, January, July, June, March, May, November, October, September