Power & Control / E & I Technician – Shifts
Lenzing Fibers Grimsby Ltd
Lenzing makes cellulose fibre from managed natural wood sources using sustainable cutting edge processes for textile, non-wovens and technical end uses.
We are innovative by nature. How about you?
We have an opportunity at our Grimsby LYOCELL Fibre manufacturing site for a Power & Control / E & I Technician – Shifts.
This shift role is responsible for day to day P&C / E&I maintenance activities with prime focus of optimising plant Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) to maximise the safe production of fibre.
Key responsibilities of this role
- Work safely at all times by following written SWPs, Permits to Work or Self Assessed Risk Assessments.
- Maintain plant and equipment within agreed timescales, minimising impact to production output and product quality whilst delivering against departmental KPI‘s with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for recording and communicating the condition of equipment following breakdown and during equipment maintenance in SAP.
- Provides a practical engineering interface with senior engineers, the maintenance team and the process teams to ensure engineering work is effectively completed.
- Identifies and assist with the implementation of engineering solutions to improve plant availability and/or reduce costs.
- Actively contributes to the on-going continuous improvement of safety and maintenance procedures and systems.
- Actively contributes & participates in root cause analysis to understand breakdowns & prevent recurrence.
- Works with and supervises contractors during planned maintenance outages.
- Actively supports the site SHE strategy by identifying, reporting and actioning of observations and incidents.
Our ideal candidate
- A time served experienced P&C / E&I technician with a thorough understanding of how process plant and machinery work, ideally with multi-skilling (or willingness to particiate in multiskilling training programme).
- An excellent understanding of electrical standards and safe working procedures.
- Have a strong health and safety awareness.
- Self-motivated & able to work unsupervised, working effectively individually or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, organisational & problem resolution skills.
- Must have a pro-active mind set with a flexible approach and willing to adopt new practices.
Why work for Lenzing
- Competitive salary (including shift allowances) and pension.
- Be an integral part of a profitable business.
- Excellent development and training opportunities.
- Opportunity to work for an environmentally sustainable business, using recycled and renewable resources to produce specialty products. Aiming to be carbon-neutral by 2050.
- We take pride in our track record on Health & Safety and the fact that our proactive response to Covid-19 has allowed us to not only keep our employees and their jobs safe throughout 2020 and into 2021, but will continue to do so well into the future.
If this sounds like you, then apply today by sending your CV and covering letter to
Closing Date: 22nd September 2021