Science Manufacturing Technician
Duration: 3 years
Location: CATCH Stallingborough or Kirklees College at the Process Manufacturing Centre
Qualification: Technical certificate and competence qualification a level 3 NVQ Process Industries. This apprenticeship included 0610 Level 2 and Level 3.
End Point Assessment (EPA): You will be assessed by regular reviews, synoptic assessment (start up/ operate/ shut down the plant), competence discussion by the apprentice portfolio and a scenario case study.
Delivery: You will complete 15 months at CATCH full time and 21 months in a company. If you are attending this apprenticeship at the Kirklees College site you will complete 2 days a week at the college in year 1, 1 day a week in year 2- and 12-months full time at a company.
Knowledge and Skills:
- You will be required to work independently and within a team to conduct a start-up and shut down of a manufacturing batch or continuous process in line with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work safely in a science manufacturing environment, understanding personal responsibility for Health, Safety and the Environment and principles of risk management.
- Control and monitor a process or plant and equipment, effectively, efficiently, and securely, and resolve problems or correct abnormal conditions.
- Complete documentation relevant to the manufacturing process including relevant calculations.
- Understand the business environment in which the company operates including personal role within the organisation, ethical practice, and codes of conduct.
- Develop and apply theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology and its application to the required sector and job role.
- Communicate effectively using a full range of skills: speaking; listening; writing; body language; presentation
- Work and interact effectively within a team
- Work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks
- Understand impact of work on others, especially where related to diversity and equality
- Time management and ability to complete work to schedule
- Ability to handle change and respond to change management processes