Please be aware this course can take place virtually through Microsoft Teams.
The New Engineering Manager/Supervisor enables delegates to lead a world class maintenance department. The result is improved staff motivation, lower employee turnover, increased output and reduced waste of resources.
Too often the person with the best technical skills gets promoted to be the new Engineering Manager or Supervisor. Those practical skills which served the technician well are now redundant and supervisory skills need to be nurtured. This course was conceived by a technician who went on the journey to be an engineering manager. This is the course he wished he had attended 30 years ago.
Is it right for me?
People new to the role of an Engineering Supervisor or Manager. To equip delegates with a good introductory knowledge of the expectations and requirements of the Engineering Supervisor/Manager role.
What will I learn?
The course will focus on:
• Roles and responsibilities of a manager
• Managing people performance/Managing conflict
• Managing motivation and delegation
• Setting performance criteria
• Setting SMART objectives
• Managing and improving problem areas
• Leadership styles
• Meetings, questioning, listening and giving feedback
• Identifying training needs
• Planning maintenance work and scheduling/prioritising work flow
• Computerised Maintenance Management System awareness
• Continuous Improvement
• Writing Standard Operating Procedures, work orders and tool box talks
• Identifying hazards/risk estimation and evaluation
• Systems of work/permits to work
• Maintaining quality through process change
• Maintenance approaches and best practice
• Managing the cost of maintenance
• Maintenance spares and materials management
What are the benefits?
• Motivation and development of staff
• Improved staff retention of the new engineering manager’s subordinates
• Formal targeted training with direction and end focussed on business need
• Encouragement of teamwork through coach and assessor communicating more with opposite trade
• Re-focussed of training budget
• SOPs and training packages are written around business need
• Safe job; Timely job; Right first time job
• Improved productivity as downtime is reduced due to increased skills base
• Cross cover of skills in event of absenteeism, sickness etc.
• Nationally recognised qualifications where appropriate; skills are validated
• Training records meet and exceed those required by HSE etc.
4 Day course. MCP Consulting Group Ltd Certificate
This course will be delivered virtually.
If you would like to make a block booking for a bespoke training course please contact us on 01469 552832 or email email@example.com for more details
Follow CATCH through our various social media channels, we are constantly updating these with exciting information
We have made the commitment – have you?
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.